Sunday, February 22, 2009

Scared of Everything

Kid is suddenly afraid of everything: getting his face wet, Zeus, airplanes, boats, the chairlift, the world running out of Chaotic trading cards before he gets that one that he really wants. I make fun but it's a big deal for him--he's also obsessed with what happens when people go on to the next world. Every time I stub my toe or sneeze he wants to know if this means I'm dying. Five years old and already slugged in the solar plexus by our sad earthbound situation.

This situation clearly calls for breakfast chocolate cake. I don't care if it's practically midnight already--Kid is having a reassuring, dense, mother-loves-you-forever-and-always chocolate bomb for breakfast.

Note to self: do not actually say the word "bomb" out loud in front of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment