Monday, March 22, 2010

E is for Eva and Etsy

Brief aside: This has got to be one of the saddest things I've ever seen:


Moving right along--E is for etsy.com. My latest search? “steampunk beetle pendant.”

No one was more surprised than me when I got 77 results. Turns out there are a mess of people making steampunk insect jewelry for a living. This wasn't one of the options I remember seeing when I took that test in 1982. It told me that I should become a college professor or a librarian. Nothing that involved spatial imagination or lifting boxes over 25kg. And certainly nothing involving steampunk beetle pendants.

I think this one is my favorite:


Technically, of course, this is a bee. Bee, beetle, whatever. LET'S STEAMPUNK THAT BABY, I can hear that crazy jeweler hollering into the night.

"Hey, Ragged! Crazy?"

Crazy in a good way, and here's how I know:


Sure, I buy some stuff on Etsy. But principally I visit this site to find my people. Because, seriously? JUST YESTERDAY I was dancing cha cha cha in the snow with a tuft of messed up hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment