Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Dear Karmic Wheel

I complain a lot. About everything. So, for the record (ahem! any gods hanging about who might have to do with punishing those who don't count their blessings) here are a few things for which I'm grateful:

1. My child is cool with sarcasm and can dish it out as well as take it.
2. My dog might have bad breath and ginormous poo, but he has a big heart and is one of life's more pleasant surprises. Who could have foreseen a coonhound from New Orleans joining our kvetchy Canadian tribe?
3. No one makes mashed potatoes like my mom.
4. The last time I wore panty hose because it was part of the dress code at work was so long ago that I can't remember.
5. I can still afford NeoStrata products.
6. Popcorn.
7. I can eat grapefruit again.
8. BoingBoing
9. The little coffee whirler jobby that foams my milk in the morning.
10. Nice family. All alive. All quirky.
11. My sister's husband put her at number 42 on his list of "Priorities." And then left the list around. Every time I think of this I snort and giggle.
12. I have learned to accept the fact that I snort when I laff.
13. I've seen the Northern Lights twice.
14. I'm now at an age when my grandmother's jewelry is age-appropriate. Hello, sparkles!
15. Found someone who cuts my hair just fine. And doesn't colour it burgundy. Also a plus.
16. Angela Thirkell's fluffy novels.
17. Battlestar Galactica.
18. My new purple leather briefcase. I should set up a meeting with someone, anyone, just so I can take it out into the world. It should be seen.
19. No venomous spiders in the vicinity.

So, hellowee. deities, vengeful sprites, demiurges, niaids, etc.: See? Grateful! Jolly! How about STEPPING ON THE SPRING PEDAL ALREADY AND MELTING THE EFFING SNOW? I mean, you know, when you have time. Thank you for your patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment