Thursday, July 1, 2010

What kind of mother?

Checked in on Kid last night about 20 minutes after I heard the last disgruntled kvetching from his room. I discovered him fast asleep, but with his eyes open about a quarter of an inch. That always creeps me out--right?--so I leaned over him to gently, tenderly, maternally, slide the lids down over those huge blue eyes.

Guess I bobbled a little because I actually woke my sleeping child up by poking him in the eye.

He sat bolt upright in bed, pointed his little finger at me and yelled: "WHAT kind of mother does such a thing?"

Been thinking about that one for a few hours now. . . .

1 comment:

  1. The real question is: "What kind of KID sleeps with his eyes open?" Actually, you should tell him that you were closing his eyes so the demons don't get in while he sleeps. (Or out. Whichever the case may be.)

    ReplyDelete