Anyhoodle, here's my version of A Music Memoir in 12 Questions. Fun!
Also: kinda depressing, when one notices that all the musical highpoints of one's life occurred about 35 years ago. I must have some golden Hammer pants around somewhere to cheer up this voodoo bungalow.
- First concert: The Police, XTC @ Max Bell Arena, 1980. Told mom I was going skating. She thought there were a heck of a lot of people in that parking lot for just some random free skate. Sorry Mom! Things I also regret about that evening: Darryl the Fish, and the "cigarette."
- First album: Eagles, Hotel California. Never gotten over the idea of pink champagne on ice. Which reminds me: It's lunch time!
- Favourite concert memory: Neil Finn @ Largo, LA
- Song you love to hate: Coward of the County by Kenny Rogers. Actually anything by Kenny Rogers except for this (BONUS: Crazy pants!)
- Song you hate to love: Can’t Touch This, MC Hammer. Lookit im go! I dare you to not just get right into it. (BONUS: Crazy pants!)
- Song you know all the words to: Mexican Radio, Wall of Voodoo (BONUS: Crazy face!)
- Song that makes you cry: Life is the Red Wagon, Jane Siberry
- Song that makes you move: Burning Down the House, Talking Heads
- Song you remember dancing to: junior high gym, Ballroom Blitz, The Sweet. I’ve just watched this video three times, amazed, astounded, just plain gob-smacked at the garish glam wondrousness of it all. The world seemed so fabulous when I was 14. Plus, I think I just found out where Eddie Izzard got some of his wardrobe ideas.
- Favourite cover of a song: Cry Baby/Piece of My Heart, Joss Stone, Melissa Etheridge
- Karaoke song: Would never, but: Take Me Home, Country Road
- Last concert: Crowded House